WE’LL KEEP YOUR DEETS CONFIDENTIAL
Naught Distilling is here to provide quality and trusted services to you. We will collect your information to provide you with access to information and offers specific to Naught Distilling. We will only share information with a third party with your approved consent.
This policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you related to how we manage your personal information.
We’ve adopted the Commonwealth of Australia’s Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
HOW AND WHAT PERSONAL INFO DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. The most common way we will collect your personal information will be via online and digital formats. Still, we may also collect your personal information via written formats, in person and via telephone.
We may monitor and record your communications with us for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes and operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises.
WHAT WE COLLECT
- Contact name
- Contact details such as your email, phone, mailing address, billing address or collection details
- Your payment and transaction details including type, bank and credit card details
- Your age or date of birth for liquor licensing details
- Specific allergies if attending an event or consuming food and beverages at our cocktail bar
- Your image through video CCTV (closed circuit television) if you attend/visit Naught Distilling
- Website and technical information ie browser, websites visited, IP address, cookies user and system preferences, device type, location and demographic data
- Your image as it is supplied on social media platforms at or related to Naught Distilling, its venue, products or people. This image could be captured by Naught or it might be shared by others on social media in relation to Naught
- Your communication preferences as they are supplied to us online, in-store or over the phone
HOW WE COLLECT
- Use, follow, visit, comment or engage with Naught Distilling via our social media platforms
- Visit the Naught Distilling website
- Naught Distilling online store
- Join the Club – subscribe to our email marketing and club system
- Send us a message or make an enquiry
- Place an order over the phone
- Buy a product including gift cards
- Make a booking for the Naught cocktail bar online, over the phone or via email
- Enter a competition or participate in a promotion
- Complete a survey
- Provide a review via other platforms such as Google, Tripadvisor or similar platforms
- Receive a gift purchased for you by another person
- Buy an event ticket
- Attend an event
- Visit Naught Distilling’s cocktail bar
- Purchase goods or services from Naught at our cocktail bar or distillery
- If you are involved in an incident, require support or provide feedback
WHAT WE COLLECT
- Membership details including your name, contact details, date of birth, gender, country and any other information you provide as part of your application or registration
- Transaction details including what you purchased, payment information, where you shopped and your product preferences
- Name and email address of reward or gift card recipients
HOW WE COLLECT
- When you join the Naught Club via our website (Join the Club)
- When you opt-in to email marketing and the club via the online checkout in the Shop
- When you opt-in to the Naught Club at Naught Distilling’s bar and distillery.
- Your acceptance of an invitation to the Naught Club (formally Cypher Club) (exclusive access)
- When you opt-in to the Naught Club at an event
- When you opt-in to the Naught Club as part of a competition or promotion
- When you opt-in to the Naught Club through a social media promotion or linked fields
- Translation of your spend into Alfie points to provide you with loyalty rewards (see Terms & Conditions)
- When you are invited by a friend through a refer-a-friend promotion and you choose to opt in
- When you choose to opt into the Naught Club with an offer from our partners, supporters or other third parties
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFO?
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services and products to you, providing information to our clients and for marketing activities. We may also use your personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. When we collect personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Some of the platforms we use to communicate with you include:
- Online platforms like Klaviyo, WordPress, Shopify, Woocommerce, SevenRooms and lightspeed POS
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, TikTok and Twitter
- Direct mail provided to you via direct shipping of products and communications
LOVE YOUR LOYALTY
We also collect personal information for the purpose of providing loyalty rewards and benefits to you. We track your level of loyalty through your spending and in future, this might also come to include visitation and engagement. Through these activities, we assign you points (Alfies) and reward you (see Terms & Conditions). Therefore we need to collect your information and spending activity to provide you with these benefits.
The loyalty program is directly linked to the Naught Club and your Naught Club membership. If you choose not to participate, we will unsubscribe you from all forms of Naught Club email communications and marketing offers or promotions.
If you buy online, you will still receive e-commerce marketing, and emails to confirm receipt of your payment, shipping details and communications related to abandoned carts or other product preferences we have assigned to your personal information.
WE’RE SENSITIVE TO YOUR NEEDS AND YOUR IDENTITY
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
We’ll very rarely if ever, need sensitive information from you but if we do we will clearly state why we need it.
It will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
THIRD PARTIES (NOT GIN PARTIES)
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we’ll collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances, we may receive information by third parties. In such a case we will take all reasonable steps to ensure you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Third parties include our collaboration partners, stakeholders and digital companies we use to improve our communications and our services.
We do use third parties to store and collate personal information and analyse website data, usage and behaviours. These third parties will access cookies, and other identifiers to provide us with marketing, communication or analytic data services.
BY LAW OR CONSENT
Your personal information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
LOCK IT UP
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use systems encrypted with Transport Layer Security (TLS) and guaranteed data protection.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files, which will be maintained by us for a minimum of seven (7) years.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFO
You may access the personal information we hold about you. You can also request we update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing – by email or snail mail or even facsimile if you so choose (except we don’t have a fax machine).
Naught Distilling will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information if urgent.
In order to protect your personal information we may require identification from you before release.
QUALITY GIN, QUALITY EXPERIENCE
We will take all reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find the information we have is not up to date or accurate, please advise us as soon as possible so we can update our records and ensure we continue to provide quality services (and gin) to you.
ADIEU, FAREWELL. WE’RE SAD TO SEE YOU GO
You may unsubscribe from our club, mailing or marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing, via email or by using the opt-out/unsubscribe facility on our direct emails and newsletters to you.
This policy may change from time to time. All current advice is available on our website and we will send any new updates to you via email.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Naught Distilling Pty Ltd
2/32 Peel Street, Eltham VIC 3095
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 03 8566 7667
© Copyright Naught Distilling 2023